Welcome to the Evolution
EncroChat is an end-to end security solution, not just another downloadable ‘secure’ software application. Individual software applications cannot isolate themselves from other installed software applications, the operating system the device relies on, or the network they connect to. The integrity of the solution is paramount. This includes securing the hardware, operating system, software applications, data transit, network infrastructure and servers. Ignoring any facet of this is devastating and renders the actual security of the product to the level of marketing hype.
EncroChat protects conversations with the following four tenets
- Perfect Forward Secrecy – Each message session with each contact is encrypted with a different set of keys. If any given key is ever compromised, it will never result in the compromise of previously transmitted messages – or even passive observation of future messages.
- Repudiable Authentication – Messages do not employ digital signatures that provide third party proofs. However, you are still assured you are messaging with whom you think you are.
- Deniability – Anyone can forge messages after a conversation is complete to make them look like they came from you. However, during a conversation the recipient is assured all messages received are authentic and unmodified. This assures non-reputability of messages.
- Encryption Strength – The algorithms employed are many times stronger than that of PGP (RSA+AES). We employ algorithms from different families of mathematics, which protects message content in the event that one encryption algorithm is ever solved.
- Guarantee Anonymity – No way to associate device or SIM card to customer account.
- EncroChat Messaging Protocol – The electronic equivalent of a regular conversation between two people in an empty room.
- Simplified Verification – Using our Notary verification process vastly simplifies the complexities of encryption for end users.
- Messages that Self-Destruct – With our advanced burn a user can force wipe their own messages from another user’s device using a timer countdown.
- Panic Wipe – From screen lock a user can type in a PIN and instantly wipe device’s data.
- Password Wipe – After a set amount of password attempts on device all data is wiped.
- Tamper Proofing – Attack surfaces such as ADB connectivity and recovery mode have been removed.
- Secure Boot – Upon boot, the device internally checks itself to ensure no one has tampered with the system files.
- Customized Android Platform – Fully encrypted from power on. Focus on security and privacy. Simplified user settings.
- Dual Operating System (OS) – Subscribers can now launch either a standard Android OS or the EncroChat OS.
- Over-The-Air Service – Enhancements, patches, and features can be securely added directly to the Android operating system.
- Global Service – Quad-band GSM, UMTS and CDMA all supported. Unlimited International SIM included +120 countries.
- Hardware Cryptographic Engine (FIPS 140-2 Certified) – An EncroChat device can not be brute forced to mount the encrypted data partition.
- Field Factory Restore – A user can now securely wipe subscriber device and rebuild it in the field.
- Industry Leading Hardware – Specially tailored to harden security. Removal of camera, microphone, GPS, and USB data port.
- Updates & Live Support – Frequent application updates direct. Includes live support.
EncroChat simplifies the usage of our services so users are shielded from the complexities of the encryption process. This keeps the user safe as one can’t mistakenly expose themselves.
At power on, EncroChat data, whether at rest or in transit, is always fully encrypted. All clients directly negotiate keys automatically with each other’s devices. Our servers, located offshore in our datacenter, never create, store, or decrypt keys, message conversations or user data.